You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our official Wings forum is still a little bit quiet. Let's change that!
Play our game, register here and get in touch with us developers and other Wings players and fans!

You can also follow us on Twitter @WingsOfNazaire, we'd appreciate it a lot!

#1 2014-07-09 03:02:15

TesseractE

...thE vOIceS...

I don't suppose you guys are looking for voice talent at any point in the near future...

#2 2014-07-09 18:02:57

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Re: ...thE vOIceS...

Not right now but we definitely will need voice talent at some point. Got any recordings so we can find out what you sound like?

#3 2014-07-09 22:22:48

TesseractE

Not on hand...  Never really done voice work before.  big_smile 

I've got a friend that might be interested as well.  Let me know what you'd like to hear, and we can get some recordings.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/howday3/wingsofstnazaire.com/forum/include/parser.php on line 837

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/howday3/wingsofstnazaire.com/forum/include/parser.php on line 837

#4 2014-07-15 15:29:38

spillway
Website

I'd totally lend a voice to the game. I have a podcast you can listen to for an idea of what I sound like when not putting on a voice. I've got a bit of range; not huge, but I can grit or soften it up or do a bit of age variation as needed.

#5 2014-07-16 03:23:27

TesseractE

You know...  I totally should have recorded myself the other night bitching at Excel for repeatedly crashing and losing work in the voice of a petulant British bureaucrat.

#6 2014-07-23 22:51:13

Hawdkoah

I'm good at speaking gibberish and making it sound fairly alien. I can make a recording later if you want to give it a listen.

#7 2014-07-28 07:30:49

Rin

Where would we send in samples of any voice work?

#8 2014-07-28 08:24:52

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Feel free to send us a mail to info@wingsofstnazaire.com with your sample recordings attached, everybody!

#9 2014-07-29 03:06:53

TesseractE

Any suggestions for what we should say?

#10 2014-07-29 08:21:43

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

That really depends on what role you want to submit your voice for! To you think you'd make a good human pilot? Or narrator? Or can you do an awesome alien voice?

Here's some examples but I just made these up, you can be creative if you want to:

[Good Guy Wingman] Nice shot, wing leader!
[Good Guy Wingman] I got one on my six!
[Good Guy Wingman] Attack formation! Wait for my command... Go!
[Good Guy Wingman] We did it! WE DID IT!
[Good Guy Wingman] It's gonna blow!

[Human Radio Chatter] X-15 can you please transmit your flight clearance?
[Human Radio Chatter] X-15 I repeat can you please transmit your flight clearance?
[Human Radio Chatter] Alpha one, you're cleared for take off, good luck out there

[Narrator] It was always humanity's destiny to leave Earth
[Narrator] And while we found life, intelligence and reason were hauntingly absent
[Narrator] Eventually we tired in our search

[Alien] <bubblysounds>diiieeeeeee!

#11 2014-08-01 14:23:48

Armondikov

Thing is, I know a load of actors who would probably jump on this (and have the sound recording kit) but they're all north-of-the-wall English and I don't think you'd want "canny shot, there youngin', like" or "awww, howay man, I've got one on me arse" on the soundtrack.

#12 2014-08-01 23:28:32

Howard Day
Wings Artist

Frankly, I think we could use a pretty wide range of accents - I'm perfectly happy having the pilots from Luyten's Star (the main character's home) be more "North American" in accents, while the pilots from Proxima ( the dual-star, tons of asteroid-belt having, rough and tumble rocky system who take in all the refugees from Luyten's Star) be more "North of the Wall" accents. It seems very fitting. Plus, I've always wanted to have a story about a co-pilot who in the midst of battle goes insane and starts just turning the whole thing into a curbstomp battle -  all to the blaring music of traditional bagpipe music, piped over the intercom, drowning out all channels. I've wanted to make that for a looong time.

#13 2014-08-01 23:39:32

Howard Day
Wings Artist

I mean just imagine one of the later battles in the campaign, things are looking desperate, you're about to get your ass handed to you... and you hear your buddy start piping this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSH0eRKq1lE over the Comms, as he hits his afterburners and streaks away, blazing right into the jaws of an attacking alien force - and the rest of that battle is fought with this going.

That's something I really want to see.

#14 2014-08-02 11:59:13

Armondikov

Or this, which an unamed regiment allegedly used to goad the Taliban into a fight once: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFYEASepPAc

You're a man after my own heart, Howie.

Board footer