You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our official Wings forum is still a little bit quiet. Let's change that!
Play our game, register here and get in touch with us developers and other Wings players and fans!

You can also follow us on Twitter @WingsOfNazaire, we'd appreciate it a lot!

#1 2014-07-14 12:45:45

ShawnPlays

Gamepad support

Thanks for supporting gamepads! However, the default control scheme is pretty wonky. To me, a more natural replication of HOTAS would make more sense, and would work as follows:

Left stick
Forward - throttle up
Back - throttle down
Left - yaw left
Right - yaw right

Right stick
Forward - pitch down (by default)
Back - pitch up (by default)
Left - roll left
Right - roll right

Right trigger - primary fire
Left trigger - alt fire

The face buttons I'm not that concerned about, but the very basics of flight should be replicated, to me, as detailed above. Love this game, btw!

#2 2014-07-14 12:56:45

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Re: Gamepad support

The problem is that all gamepads are different! So a default setup for an X-Box 360 pad for example can work but be completely awkward on a Playstation controller, not just because they are shaped differently but also because "button 1" or "axis 3" are completely different controls on the pads.

Thankfully you can customize the gamepad controls! smile

Are you using an X-Box 360 pad?

#3 2014-07-14 13:01:37

ShawnPlays

I've played it both on a 360 pad and Xbox One pad connected via USB cable.

#4 2014-07-14 13:10:05

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Ah okay! Everybody has different preferences for control layouts, we had another person suggest a third layout that he'd like to be the default in the past. Everybody's different and we can't make a default for everybody. Maybe we should have a poll sometime closer to release to see what the majority of people want from the control scheme and then make that the default for the final release candidate! smile

Workaround is to just customize your controls, they will be saved in the current alpha already so you won't have to re-set them up every time you launch.

Board footer