You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our official Wings forum is still a little bit quiet. Let's change that!
Play our game, register here and get in touch with us developers and other Wings players and fans!

You can also follow us on Twitter @WingsOfNazaire, we'd appreciate it a lot!

#1 2014-07-17 16:57:39

Rook3v

Strafe instead of Barrel Roll?

Love WOSN so far. Even though there's no player death or actual goal in the demo, I find myself playing it on a daily basis.

Though, one thing that is plaguing me is -
I find myself repeatedly barrel rolling by accident while trying to do small turns, due to tapping a or d to quickly.
Was thinking it might be better off being a tap and hold function (like how the afterburner controls) for strafing left and right, preventing accidental maneuvers and providing another axis of maneuverability.

Keep up the great work!

#2 2014-07-17 19:05:03

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Re: Strafe instead of Barrel Roll?

Hey, thanks for taking the time register and giving your feedback. We agree that the current control situation for the rolls is not optimal and are certainly trying out different things in that regard. A sort of strafe roll on a different button and even counter/brake thrusters as well as more additional maneuvers are planned! smile

Cheers!

#3 2014-07-20 17:36:52

MaxiM
Website

Strafe-roll sounds awesome. The only game that I know of that pulled that off quite nicely was "No Gravity" on PSP. It switched the perspective to 3rd person during the roll for more awareness too (the camera was not rolling, only the ship). That would be rather awesome.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. ~George Bernard Shaw

#4 2014-07-20 18:50:10

Rook3v

Strafe roll sounds awesome - any word on when the next build is coming out?
Looking forward to seeing all the new stuff you guys are implementing.

+ Love that you guys are so quick to respond personally to fan submissions

#5 2014-07-20 19:10:33

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Thanks, we do care about feedback here on the forums, with E-Mail or on Twitter very much! We can't give a date yet but we are working on it and it really shouldn't take that long anymore. We're adding some big new stuff in there, that's why it's taking longer than usual.

Board footer