You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our official Wings forum is still a little bit quiet. Let's change that!
Play our game, register here and get in touch with us developers and other Wings players and fans!

You can also follow us on Twitter @WingsOfNazaire, we'd appreciate it a lot!

#1 2014-08-05 13:01:05

Armondikov

A few things (mostly collisions)

(for info: Windows 8, Unity Web Player)

Just a few things I spotted messing with the current Alpha.

1) Am I going mad or do the Boomslang's weapons do nothing against some fighters? It seems as if you've got a collision detection problem against the larger bombers. Missiles work, but it seems like the blasters just go straight through them and do nothing.

2) So I flew into one of the enemy corvette craft and things went a little... weird. It didn't seem to be just the game physics dealing with a collision, as the actual interface/cockpit started changing scale and position randomly and jumping across the screen, then I couldn't actually fly away from it. I assume that won't be a problem in future because flying at such a speed into a capital ship will be Game Over, but it might suggest something is up with collision detection.

I'll try replicating these to see if I can get you any more useful information. Other than that, keep up the good work. cool

Last edited by Armondikov (2014-08-05 13:06:45)

#2 2014-08-05 15:28:36

Armondikov

Re: A few things (mostly collisions)

With no.2, the second time I tried it I just flew through it with no collision. Couldn't replicate no.1, so must just be me sucking at aiming.

But, there did seem to be a glitchy slow down at one point. I'm not sure what was causing it but it was on-and-off. I have a suspicion that it's happening when getting hit, but not sure. The shield indicator display started flashing. The outer ring on the shields flashed on and off about twice a second and the frame rate reduced to that.

#3 2014-08-05 15:39:21

Armondikov

Re: A few things (mostly collisions)

Yeah, I think sometimes the collision detection just divides by zero. It ended up catapulting the ship to the other side of the field and then the shaking effect sticks on, which is why the cockpit goes all over the place. So it looks like just a bit of the physics to tidy up rather than a glitch per se.

Board footer