You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our official Wings forum is still a little bit quiet. Let's change that!
Play our game, register here and get in touch with us developers and other Wings players and fans!

You can also follow us on Twitter @WingsOfNazaire, we'd appreciate it a lot!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/howday3/wingsofstnazaire.com/forum/include/parser.php on line 837

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/howday3/wingsofstnazaire.com/forum/include/parser.php on line 837

#1 2014-08-05 16:22:57

dabayah

First impressions of the new Alpha

Alright, still in love with the game, though this Alpha proved to be significantly more problematic than the last one, given that you guys have been adding in a load of new content as well.

Starting off, the gameplay is still fantastic and is only getting better, the way each ship handles, amount of armor, the weapon differences, it's great and really makes you think about how you want to fly with each model. While in battle I found it easier to actually take down enemy fighters, not sure if the alien ships mobility has been toned down or not but it works.

Also loving the fact that I can die, once again makes you really think about how you want to go about fighting since now there's the concept of mortality!

Here's where I have some gripes.

When I shoot a missile everything is fine but when it makes contact with the target, there's a sheet of black, it's not something that really keeps you from playing because it goes back in a moment, but still something to patch up.

When I actually did die I was magically transported back to the home screen, hurray! Wait...I CAN'T MOVE MY MOUSE.

Or so I thought, I clicked and it brought me to the ship selection, and hell why not play again!

But when I launch, there's a couple of white bars hanging out as well as a lack of cockpit and or HUD, I'll be uploading a picture of this since it seems like a major issue. When it happens, all sound and music is still operational, I can switch between weapons for sure since there are different sounds for them, essentially all controls work, but nothing can be seen except for the background and the lens flares from the sun.

VTJsfrn.png

AlsqTl2.png

AlsqTl2.png

#2 2014-08-05 16:25:21

dabayah

Re: First impressions of the new Alpha

Oh and my specs, Im running

OS X 10.9.4

2.3ghz Intel i7

2GB nVidia GeForce GT 750M

#3 2014-08-05 17:01:04

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Re: First impressions of the new Alpha

Ah there's an OS X bug in the build, we're updating it right now. Try to redownload it in 30 min and let us know if it works better now!

EDIT: Done! Let us know if this fixes it or if the problem persists.

Last edited by Jan Simon (2014-08-05 17:06:26)

Board footer