You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our official Wings forum is still a little bit quiet. Let's change that!
Play our game, register here and get in touch with us developers and other Wings players and fans!

You can also follow us on Twitter @WingsOfNazaire, we'd appreciate it a lot!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/howday3/wingsofstnazaire.com/forum/include/parser.php on line 837

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/howday3/wingsofstnazaire.com/forum/include/parser.php on line 837

#1 2014-08-07 22:22:21

Elven

Ships explosions glitch. (Mac OS)

Just downloaded the game, and I have a weird bug when enemy ships explode:

A moment before explosion:
4IaNoAa.jpg

Actual explosion:
8fYfkkf.jpg

#2 2014-11-01 23:24:04

dabayah

Re: Ships explosions glitch. (Mac OS)

Same here!

#3 2014-11-14 23:52:13

Howard Day
Wings Artist

Re: Ships explosions glitch. (Mac OS)

Okay! So, as far as I am aware... this is caused by the Distortion shader. I can set up the particle code to detect if you're on a Mac/Linux (which I believe are the platforms seeing this issue), and disable just this one effect - but, I'd really rather not hobble the graphics for two entire platforms.The other possibility is that this is a known bug in older versions of unity involving shaders that use GrabPass. The last released build was using the 4.2.2 build of unity - We've since upgraded to unity 4.5.4f, which has some large possibility of having fixed the problem. Either way, the bug will be fixed, I just thought you might appreciate knowing exactly what's going on. big_smile

Board footer