You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our official Wings forum is still a little bit quiet. Let's change that!
Play our game, register here and get in touch with us developers and other Wings players and fans!

You can also follow us on Twitter @WingsOfNazaire, we'd appreciate it a lot!

#1 2014-08-12 11:59:23

loliconest

hummm, I just saw this game this morning, and I have a suggestion

The first time I see the gameplay video I was like WOW, this game is amazing. Especially the art style, is so cool. The colors really fit this sort of pixel, arcade style.

Then I noticed one thing which is kinda awkward for me - the 3d render of smaller ships.

Then I looked a few more videos and I understand that the developer is doing this kind of rendering on purpose, cuz they want make it looks like these old days space sims. I completely understand this. I also know that the larger ships are rendered normally because it would look really awkward if the larger ships are also rendering by scaling and rotating.

But I think that the two different ways of render the large and small ships will create some sort of inconsistency. I mean, when all the other thing are the same, and only one thing is different, is kinda, you know... feels like it does not belongs in there.

In my own opinion, I would be really happy if the small ships will also render like large ships.

But this is still a freakin awesome game! I couldn't believe that I don't notice it for such a long time, what a shame of me.

#2 2014-09-10 16:49:44

SunOfABeach

Re: hummm, I just saw this game this morning, and I have a suggestion

You are suggesting that they should get rid of the one graphical feature that sets this game apart from the rest of the genre and has gotten them a lot of attention. Probably won't happen!

#3 2014-09-12 09:08:11

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

There is definitely a 'danger' in mixing 2D sprites and 3D models, I'm very happy with how Howie managed to make it all blend into one look though. I was honestly afraid of the mix myself a long time ago, but as soon as I saw the final ship sprites and models my worries were over! smile

#4 2014-09-12 19:52:36

Howard Day
Wings Artist

No one ever believes in me. sad

#5 2014-09-13 17:01:45

_-Caleb-_
Website

Howard Day wrote:

No one ever believes in me. sad

I Love the game-art tongue The 2D but with the powerful of the actual computers :-D

Hope see some level in an planetary environment!

Regards!

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium

#6 2014-09-14 17:05:23

Armondikov

I BELIEVE IN YOU, HOWIE!!

Board footer