You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our official Wings forum is still a little bit quiet. Let's change that!
Play our game, register here and get in touch with us developers and other Wings players and fans!

You can also follow us on Twitter @WingsOfNazaire, we'd appreciate it a lot!

#1 2014-09-10 17:03:32

SunOfABeach

Navpoint locking with progress indicator

I like the idea of locking on to a nav point, making yourself vulnerable while doing so.

Have you considered displaying a progress bar or a percentage value to indicate your locking progress? This could make things a little clearer and maybe even more exciting. Think of being in the middle of a battle, trying to escape and eagerly watching that progress bar / percentage to fill up while taking fire.

#2 2014-09-11 16:10:10

Howard Day
Wings Artist

Re: Navpoint locking with progress indicator

Thanks, SunOfABeach! And yes we've definitely considered that, though our solution might be too subtle! See, we've already added it - the circular brackets to the sides of the cross slowly meet at the top, as the cross brackets slowly meet at the middle. Once that's complete the navpoint is locked. Take another look, and see if you see it!
navlock.gif
If that's not enough, I will definitely look into adding a dedicated percentage or progressbar.

Thanks again!

#3 2014-09-12 09:43:59

SunOfABeach

Re: Navpoint locking with progress indicator

Oh, I totally missed that! Now that I see it, it's totally fine for me! Excuse my blindness for artistic solutions, haha. But it is rather subtle.
My guess is you'll give the pilot a hint about the locking progression via audio aswell, like some sound that increases frequency or something like that?

Board footer