You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our official Wings forum is still a little bit quiet. Let's change that!
Play our game, register here and get in touch with us developers and other Wings players and fans!

You can also follow us on Twitter @WingsOfNazaire, we'd appreciate it a lot!

#1 2013-07-31 02:43:53

SharpLight
Website

Introduce yourself

Hello! I am SharpLight. It is so nice to see a forum in this early stage. Anyway I am trying now to play the game and will be posting any bugs/feedback I have (and maybe videos if I manage to record anything).

YouTube Channel: BLRSharpLight

#2 2013-07-31 08:12:10

Howard Day
Wings Artist

Re: Introduce yourself

Howdy! I'm Howie Day, I'm the artist/designer/generalist who sorta started the whole ball rolling on this.  I like Diet Dr Pepper. Lots of it. I'll be around, spotting feedback, complaints, and requests, and trying to get whatever I can done as fast as I can.

#3 2013-07-31 17:29:59

dust_hound

I'm dust_hound: long-time gamer, and platonic lover of sci-fi and immersive space games. I'm quite indecently excited for the release of WoSN, and really liked Howard's dev commentary vid.

#4 2013-08-01 01:08:49

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Great thread idea, let's get to know each other! smile

My name's Jan, I'm the programmer on the team. I was pretty big into the X-Wing/Tie Fighter series (much more so than Wing Commander, that's Howie's territory), I'm 25 years old and I study Computer Science in Germany (with a focus on Game Programming, who would've thought?).

#5 2013-08-01 08:22:02

PrimalAce

Hello, I'm PrimalAce, I'm a full time professional game designer working in the UK and a big fan of space combat sims. I have a degree in computer science and programming is a hobby of mine. I'm a huge fan of retro aesthetics and unique stylisation in games especially when done well as it has in WoSN.

#6 2013-08-01 19:54:58

corsair101

Hello, full time design student and part time indie dev working out of Canada. Massive fan of space combat and exploration games, old and new.

#7 2013-08-02 00:58:53

ProfessorKaos64

Found this game via the good community folks on the Linux Action Show reddit page.  I cannot WAIT*** for this game!  I will support you guys in any way I can, so if you charge 10/15/20 etc, or put the campaign on indie go go, I will pledge.  I am a die hard fan of Xwing / Tie Fighter (sorry I was a star wars geek over wing commander, but I love it as well).  Can we make a forum channel just for news announcements so I get them in an email as I subscribe?

#8 2013-08-02 23:30:10

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Hello and welcome, ProfessorKaos64! I am currently looking into setting up an RSS feed for news announcement - in the meantime, you can follow Howie (@howieeday) and/or me (@NihiLStarcraft) on twitter, we tweet about news as well!

#9 2013-08-03 11:53:39

liamdawe

Liam here, webmaster of http://www.gamingonlinux.com and a big fan of space games so of course I will be lurking here big_smile

#10 2013-08-04 07:00:14

Moparx

Hello,
I discovered WoSN through Liam when he made a post on his website about it a few days ago.
I love this type of space game and I had to check it out after watching his YouTube video of it.

I can't wait to see how the development progresses with it. smile

Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste.

#11 2013-08-11 20:57:30

MarkS

I found this through GDNet. This game looks awesome and I cannot wait for it to be finished! Great work!

#12 2013-08-30 22:34:16

Daniel Hoffman
Wings Composer

Good day.

It appears I am a Daniel. I am in charge of music and the like. I love games and am pretty darn excited to be working on a game like this. When I'm not fiddling with music I work a tiresome pharmacy/cashier type job or I'm playing games/writing or watching British t.v. My favorite album right now is Jon Hopkins- Contact Note and my favorite game is probably FTL.

That is all.

#13 2013-09-05 20:27:56

Mutos

Hi all,

I'm Mutos and I discovered WoSN through the Space Game Junkie site.

I've played many Elite-likes from the very first I discovered on Apple ][, one day that changed my life forever. I also played many space shooters and piloting sims, including all WC and XW/Tie.

Now I develop with some friends a Sci-Fi universe known as Hoshikaze 2250, including a wiki, a RPG, an EV-like developped as a NAEV TC, 3 published short stories books, and a novel currently in the making, due by mid-2014. Unfortunately, you'll have to learn French, as except the videogame, everything is - for now - in French ^-^

I live in a house with my wife and our 4 cats and 2 dogs, except one dog is at my wife's mother's by now and only comes for a week sometimes.

I drive a '72 VW 1303 and ride a '97 Kymco Zing, and dream of a Harley or a cjopper-style trike...

And I work in IT and software quality.

Last edited by Mutos (2013-09-05 20:31:01)

#14 2013-09-05 23:59:56

Armondikov

I'll add myself here.

I've been a member of Scifi-Meshes since way before the great server crash that wiped everything... and the great server crash that wiped everything before that. Having took a few years out to do a doctorate, though, I've been a bit busy to be as prolific with my own 3D and 2D work as I used to be. I'm lucky to get a single painting done every two months, and I think the only time I've booted up my ageing and decrepit copy of Lightwave in the last year was to actually do work-related modelling - and stepping into Unity to build presentation and teaching tools.

However, Howard's extensive WoSN thread (and Binkerman's 40K *shakes-fist* "FINISH IT DAMMIT!!") has kept me going through that, as I've been an X-Wing fan since the days when it came on multiple floppy disks.

#15 2014-02-11 06:05:16

Tempest

Hi I'm Miranda.
Found this game by accident searching for the ultimate space game! I love this game sooo much and can't wait to play the final version.
I was a big fan of the old 90's space games like wing commander etc.. and so happy a game like this exists. I play this before Nursing school class
and as soon as I get home before doing homework! keep up the great work!

#16 2014-03-04 17:58:53

Le Chuck

Hello, I'm Chuckles, I spend way too much of my time over on BYOAC building arcade machines - when a friend over there posted a link to this game I knew I had to come check it out. 

I'm in the middle of a S.T.U.N. Runner re-theme that I'm calling "Starfighter" I've already modified the yoke so I can better play WoSN on it. 

Thus far I'm really impressed with this game, I dropped about 20 min in it the other night and when I left the desktop the whole floor was rolling - really immersive gameplay.  This is going to be a great fit on my cab and I look forward to running it. 

Here's a pic of what I'm working on:

ACAF4901-B01D-4C73-BAE6-20F157B84AFD-20294-000011039398AD46_zps8a515f1e.jpg

Anyway, awesome game you've got here and look forward to updates.

#17 2014-03-05 13:27:04

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Welcome LeChuck (nice name BTW), that looks absolutely awesome. You should take a couple of pictures of it running our alpha at some point, we would love to see that haha!

#18 2014-03-05 17:55:08

Le Chuck

Jan Simon wrote:

Welcome LeChuck (nice name BTW), that looks absolutely awesome. You should take a couple of pictures of it running our alpha at some point, we would love to see that haha!

Thanks (both for the kudos and the MI/LA shoutout)!  It's a fun hobby.  It'll be a few weeks still before it's ready but I'll ensure and get some pics posted and a gameplay video

#19 2014-05-10 15:28:21

Ellis_gamer
Website

Hi! I am Ellis and I am a normal every day gamer! I really like this game and I want to support it!!!

I wanted to learn some programing but I am working on it , my english is not 100% perfect but its like a 98% ok.
I also studied nuclear physics and astronomy + normal physics.

And I wanted to request something: Port this game to ios and android !! Its easier with Unity. And the game is an alpha so its playable and I just watched some tutorials about making the controls on iphone with unity. Please think about it.
-Ellis

#20 2014-07-04 02:34:18

BourbonPilot

Hey all! I 'm a huge Space Combat Genre fan (been playing these games since Super Wing Commander). I stumbled on to the site via a rather circuitous google search. I love gaming and flying (also a CFI and Commercial Pilot, though not for a living so much anymore). I love most things Sci-Fi, space, and aviation and when you put them together in a game like this it's hard to tear me away.

I will say that this game does a remarkable job capturing that old school, Wing Commander feel (like a cross between a game you'd find on the SNES and something you'd play on the old 486s) while still looking very beautiful and modern. Looking forward to seeing the progress on this!

#21 2014-07-04 10:24:39

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Thank you very much, sir! It's always awesome when new people sign up to the forums and give us positive feedback! You guys rock! smile

We're working hard on an update to the alpha that will release shortly, keep your eyes peeled, it might be a big one!

#22 2014-07-07 06:09:27

Hawk

Hey I am Hawk I am from Oklahoma, USA and am glad to be here. I grew up playing the X-Wing and TIE fighter games and am glad to see this being worked on! Love the progress so far.

The canopy closing on launch blew me away! I am in star citizen but it doesn't have that old school kinda feel that I am looking for. This defiantly has that!

Look forward to more updates etc!

#23 2014-07-07 21:18:45

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Hello and welcome, Hawk. Thanks for being a part in the Wings community!

#24 2014-07-07 21:27:29

Julopabene

Hi, I'm Julo! I discovered this game through Gamestar and I love the concept (and the demo) a lot. I'm from Germany, Darmstadt (near Frankfurt) and I'm a huge fan of space games. I've played Wing Commander and Elite, but at the moment I'm addicted to Star Conflict. What I love about this game, is that you can have these massive space battles, because the enemies are mostly sprites, which we won't see in Star Citizen, due to the high definition 3D graphics. I also like the retro feeling this game has. Anyway, I will test the browser and the OSX (yes, I'm using a Mac) version and most likely give some feedback asap. Thanks for reading, goodbye.

Last edited by Julopabene (2014-07-07 21:27:51)

Suddenly, Julo.
THIS does NOT help!

#25 2014-07-07 21:30:43

chenjung
Website

Hi there, im chenjung and from germany smile

Im a old wing commander fan, and i look at this game the first time, and i can say, WOW. I will play now the alpha smile i guess i will like it very much!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi alle, ich bin der chenjung und komme aus Deutschland.

Ich bin ein großer Wing Commander fan, und als ich diese Game sah, musste ich sagen, WOW. Das spiel muss ich spielen!!! Ich schätze es wird mir sehr gefallen !! Ich bleibe am Ball smile

Board footer