You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our official Wings forum is still a little bit quiet. Let's change that!
Play our game, register here and get in touch with us developers and other Wings players and fans!

You can also follow us on Twitter @WingsOfNazaire, we'd appreciate it a lot!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/howday3/wingsofstnazaire.com/forum/include/parser.php on line 837

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/howday3/wingsofstnazaire.com/forum/include/parser.php on line 837

#1 2014-11-07 18:24:22

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

NEWS: Cloaking Effects and Alien Cockpits

Hi, everyone! Last night I did some work on creating the shader for the Diamondback cloaking effect - as one of the two cloaking fighters in the game, it's the one with by far the most traditional cloaking effect. I made the shader to have variable distortion with chromatic aberration.

guesswho.gif

This also means that the explosions now have distorting shockwaves. It looks very, very cool, and I can't wait to show some footage of that soon.

I also rendered out a preview/previs of the Dfhertas (Alien Medium Fighter) cockpit interior - I can't wait to finish up the human cockpits and get these in game!

animation8t.gif
Click for full size!

Board footer