You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our official Wings forum is still a little bit quiet. Let's change that!
Play our game, register here and get in touch with us developers and other Wings players and fans!

You can also follow us on Twitter @WingsOfNazaire, we'd appreciate it a lot!

#1 2013-08-01 06:13:12

colinkeenan
Website

No text on options dialogues in Linux with Intel HD Graphics 4000

The game is very playable though low resolution. Tried to go to options, but just got a bunch of black buttons and boxes with no text. Esc out of game and restart to play.  Played for a long time and chased down a lot of ships until I got the hang of everything and realized I was out of gas but the ship didn't seem to know that. Also, didn't seem like anyone was shooting back at me or my ship didn't know it was being shot at. I know that you are working on being able to die, but the options dialogues are supposed to work and they don't for me.

Arch Linux (kernel 3.10.3-1-ARCH) x86_64, Xfce, Intel Graphics HD 4000

#2 2013-08-01 15:24:47

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Re: No text on options dialogues in Linux with Intel HD Graphics 4000

Hey Colin, thanks for the bug report. That is one weird problem - we are using Unity's build-in GUI system for those buttons so we don't have any control over the text rendering. However, Unity3D only officially supports Ubuntu 12 and higher. That might be the cause of the problem. Don't worry, however, the options menu is soon to be rendered differently (it looks pretty ugly currently) - it'll look more like the main menu. So assuming you can read the text on those main menu buttons, there shouldn't be a problem.

#3 2013-08-01 17:50:35

colinkeenan
Website

Re: No text on options dialogues in Linux with Intel HD Graphics 4000

Yes - I can see the main menu no problem. So, do I check this website every once in awhile for new versions or will everyone in the forums automatically get notified by email or will you notify me on this thread?

Board footer