You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our official Wings forum is still a little bit quiet. Let's change that!
Play our game, register here and get in touch with us developers and other Wings players and fans!

You can also follow us on Twitter @WingsOfNazaire, we'd appreciate it a lot!

#1 2013-08-30 03:34:07

captainjmorgan2

Soundtrack

I'm a huge fan of the soundtrack in this game! As we all know, music is a core part of any game, and everything that has been used in the demo have been spectacular!

One thing I was wondering is that the last update changed the music during actual game play; was the old song scrapped or is this just another song being showcased?

Also, the intro music is available in the media options but I was wondering if the rest of the music will be available at some point in time?

#2 2013-08-30 22:10:07

Daniel Hoffman
Wings Composer

Re: Soundtrack

Hello! Music person here. I'm very glad to hear that you've thusly enjoyed the musics! Thank you!

captainjmorgan2 wrote:

One thing I was wondering is that the last update changed the music during actual game play; was the old song scrapped or is this just another song being showcased?

In the last update a sort of half formed idea of procedural music was put in as we are fooling about in that direction. I've got a lot of ideas to improve it and once that's nailed down you'll be hearing LOTS of musics.
The previous song is far from scrapped it's one that I'm more proud of, just need to get it working with the procedural sort of thing.

captainjmorgan2 wrote:

Also, the intro music is available in the media options but I was wondering if the rest of the music will be available at some point in time?

Me thinks the media area on the site will simply feature some of the nicer songs and such. However they will all eventualy be available somewhere. Perhaps even a small bandcamp page will be made or soundcloud or some such.

If you'd like to hear some more of my music I have some random bits on https://soundcloud.com/jestmusic . Though keep in mind some of it is rather dated or experimental.

You can also find more at www.youtube.com/jest which contains even more strange and old and possibly embarrassing musics!

Thanks again for the nice words. Tah tah!

-Daniel "Jest" Hoffman

#3 2013-08-31 02:01:06

captainjmorgan2

Re: Soundtrack

Daniel Hoffman wrote:

The previous song is far from scrapped it's one that I'm more proud of, just need to get it working with the procedural sort of thing.

Great! I am a big fan of that song, and I occasionally turned on the game just to listen to as I'm playing some random other games.

Daniel Hoffman wrote:

Me thinks the media area on the site will simply feature some of the nicer songs and such. However they will all eventualy be available somewhere. Perhaps even a small bandcamp page will be made or soundcloud or some such.

If you'd like to hear some more of my music I have some random bits on https://soundcloud.com/jestmusic . Though keep in mind some of it is rather dated or experimental.

You can also find more at www.youtube.com/jest which contains even more strange and old and possibly embarrassing musics!

Awesome! Sounds great, and I'm really enjoying your other works as well, even the dated and experimental stuff.

Board footer