You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our official Wings forum is still a little bit quiet. Let's change that!
Play our game, register here and get in touch with us developers and other Wings players and fans!

You can also follow us on Twitter @WingsOfNazaire, we'd appreciate it a lot!

#1 2014-02-05 08:27:06

ChickenDelight

Progression?

When Wings is finished, will it have a upgrade/building system in the game?
And will it have multiplayer?
And will you be able to upload your ships onto the website to use them? (If multiplayer and ship-building is added)
And will it have a campaign?
And will it have a way to play as the aliens?
amg, so much potential big_smile

#2 2014-02-05 11:33:01

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Re: Progression?

Hello ChickenDelight, thanks for registering and welcome! smile

Yes, Wings will have multiplayer, we're working on that right now as a matter of fact! We're planning on releasing the multiplayer first and then, later, add a singleplayer campaign as a second release! We're not a big fan of upgrades and progression in multiplayer - but it certainly makes a lot of sense in the singleplayer campaign!

And yes, you will be able to play as the aliens in multiplayer. There's five human and five alien ships that you can choose from and fly, depending on the mission you're playing. These ships all cover a specific role - so there's quick and light armored interceptors that you need in your team to cover and protect the other players that fly heavy and well armed gunboats for example.

#3 2014-02-09 02:30:13

Tempest

This game rocks!!
Few questions for you...when is this game going to be finished? and I noticed that Corvettes and Tankers just tumble in space when destroyed.. is this normal or will they explode in the final version? The explosions are sweet, btw!
And last, I'm only able to play the demo...Is this the only way its available as of now?

Keep up the great work...SWEET GAME!!
oh p.s. is it going to possible to re-dock with any of the capital ships?

#4 2014-02-09 12:11:53

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Hello Tempest, thanks for the feedback! We're currently in Alpha so what you can play is really just a preview/demo and doesn't represent the final product! The capital ships that tumble are not final, they will explode properly in the full game haha! We can't give you a release date unfortunately. Docking with capital ships is something we want to put in the game for sure!

#5 2014-02-10 16:56:58

Armondikov

I do like the tumbling capital ships. If you're seriously bored, you can sort of ram them into each other. Though I think that was easiest in an earlier build where they seemed to have no weight to them at all and just started flying of their own accord.

Docking sounds cool. Flying straight into the Nazaire's landing strip could just boot you out of the demo.

#6 2014-02-11 05:53:57

Tempest

Awesome, I also might add that I LOVE explosions especially when they are loud...Is this possible to boost the sound for the explosions?
I've also been doing practice landings on the Nazaire and hope this goes into the final game.
I love the way the engine thrust looks on the alien fighters as your chasing them down to blow them out of the stars! hehe

The lighting effects are great to look at and help to add immersion to this game!
The Cobra is my favorite look of all the fighters and can't wait to fly her.

Will there be places to land on the planet? refuel? purchase upgrades? hmmmm.
Multiple planetary systems to travel to?

Miranda

#7 2014-02-11 12:53:57

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

@Armondikov: Haha nice. Yeah the no-weight-capital-ships were definitely a bug! tongue We're not actively putting more new features into the alpha any more because we're currently focusing on the multiplayer aspect of the game and getting that to run well but flying back into the St. Nazaire would definitely work well with the landing strips.

@Tempest: Thanks! In the final game, we want to give you full control over the sound levels, so you can adjust not just the overall sound FX vs. music volume but also differentiate between explosion, laser/missiles, cockpit/ui levels etc. The cobra is pretty awesome. It's a gunboat - very heavy, slow to fly and turn but heavily armored and very well armed! It also comes with beam weapons! smile It's a lot of fun to play internally already but we're still working on it. There will be missions on planet surfaces and you will be able to jump from orbit down to the surface by the use of nav buoys and jumping from one 'stage' of the level to the next, we're not planning to allow you to fly from one planet's surface to another without any of those jumps however.

Hope that clears a couple things up. Thanks for the interest and keep your eyes peeled!

#8 2014-05-11 14:38:10

Ellis_gamer
Website

Will it have a story??

#9 2014-05-11 21:28:46

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

The multiplayer will not have a real story of course (we want to experiment with multiplayer campaigns, Titanfall-style however) but the singleplayer will of course have a story. We have rough outlines but it's not written or set in stone quite yet.

#10 2014-07-07 04:03:59

Kittydoggie

First of all, like everyone else, I'm blown away by this game! I played Descent, Descent:Freespace (as well as its sequel, naturally) and X-wing near-constantly as a kid. I grew up loving space sims and am so very refreshed by seeing one again! I was missing them so much!

Hearing that you guys are making a single player campaign makes me really happy, too! However, I'm a little wary, because you said that there will be a multiplayer mode. I don't hate multiplayer games or anything, but it worries me that the single player campaign will get screwed over in favor of the multiplayer, if that makes any sense. Part of what made Freespace and X-wing so awesome was the atmosphere and the sense that you really were taking part in some sort of galactic war. Even though the graphics of X-wing in particular were kind of primitive, I always got a sense of scale when I was doing bombing runs and stuff. There was always a good sense of escalation, too.

So... Umm, I guess I'm just expressing my interest in a well fleshed-out singleplayer campaign with well engineered missions.

Also, when the game is finally released, please let us buy it for a single price rather than doing the "freemium" thing with microtransactions. Sorry to ask so much! Thanks for letting us play the alpha, it's really fun!

#11 2014-07-07 21:16:16

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Thanks for your thoughts, Kittydoggie. We LOVE a good singleplayer experience and will do our best to make it a great experience. We really do hate when games have a tacked-on single- or multiplayer-mode and we won't let that happen to Wings.

Board footer