You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our official Wings forum is still a little bit quiet. Let's change that!
Play our game, register here and get in touch with us developers and other Wings players and fans!

You can also follow us on Twitter @WingsOfNazaire, we'd appreciate it a lot!

#1 2014-05-08 17:47:35

Sp3ctr3

Crash on Game exit.

When ever  try to exit the game I get a CTD.  Also I never take any damage at all.  Shot like a billion times and shields never deplete.  Awesome Game though.

WIN 7 64 bit
AMD R7870 2GB with latest drivers
Phenom II X6  1065T OC to 3.2 GHz
12GB Ram

This was on stand alone build.

#2 2014-05-08 17:54:33

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Re: Crash on Game exit.

Hey sp3ctr3, thanks for registering and for your bug report!

The crash is really weird - have you tried playing other standalone Unity games? The engine should never crash in general and we have not heard of a crash on game exit (is there any message or just "The application has stopped responding"?).

It's pretty hard to die in the current public alpha build because the AI sort of sucks at targeting properly. If you're facing the later waves of 10-20 ships for example and you're moving at about top speed you should still get shot at least and see your shields get lower in the center cockpit display - does that happen?

Cheers!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/howday3/wingsofstnazaire.com/forum/include/parser.php on line 764

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/howday3/wingsofstnazaire.com/forum/include/parser.php on line 837

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/howday3/wingsofstnazaire.com/forum/include/parser.php on line 837

#3 2014-05-08 22:03:05

Sp3ctr3

Jan Simon wrote:

Hey sp3ctr3, thanks for registering and for your bug report!

The crash is really weird - have you tried playing other standalone Unity games? The engine should never crash in general and we have not heard of a crash on game exit (is there any message or just "The application has stopped responding"?).

It's pretty hard to die in the current public alpha build because the AI sort of sucks at targeting properly. If you're facing the later waves of 10-20 ships for example and you're moving at about top speed you should still get shot at least and see your shields get lower in the center cockpit display - does that happen?

Cheers!

No other unity applications have this issue for.  I even have a project of my own and pulled several other unity titles.  I get just the generic this program has stopped responding.

As for the no Damage i waited until later when I was getting 20 ship waves and did see my shields fluctuate slightly so I guess it is just AI needs improving and maybe enemy Weapons Damage bumped a little.  Overall one of the best space shooters I have played in quite along time even in the alpha state.  Just gotta work out the few bugs.

#4 2014-05-09 12:20:33

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Thanks! I will keep my eyes peeled for more similar game crash reports!

Board footer