You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our official Wings forum is still a little bit quiet. Let's change that!
Play our game, register here and get in touch with us developers and other Wings players and fans!

You can also follow us on Twitter @WingsOfNazaire, we'd appreciate it a lot!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/howday3/wingsofstnazaire.com/forum/include/parser.php on line 837

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/howday3/wingsofstnazaire.com/forum/include/parser.php on line 837

#1 2014-07-07 16:06:13

Reikou

Screen not showing correctly.

At least, I don't think it is.

The entire intro is a black screen. Then when it gets to the options, it's completely missing text and nothing works correctly.

2014-07-07_1157_zpscb0dbe63.png

2014-07-07_1157_001_zps899db329.png

Computer Specs:

Dell Laptop
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel 4400 HD Graphics Chip
I5 1.9ghz Processor
8gb Ram
Most current version of the Unity Player is installed.

This looks very promising and I hope to figure out what the root cause of the issue is so I can try this out.

#2 2014-07-07 21:17:22

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Re: Screen not showing correctly.

Hey thanks for the report. That's really weird! Can you try the downloaded Windows standalone-version as opposed to the web player (which may be buggy on some systems)?

#3 2014-07-07 22:04:16

Reikou

Actually....those screenshots came from the stand alone version.

#4 2014-07-07 22:29:26

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Ah crap, if I wasn't so tired I could've seen that haha. That's really weird. It MIGHT be that your GPU (Intel 4400 HD) isn't up to par for our shader effects. Do you have another PC to try and run our game on?

#5 2014-07-08 11:51:07

Reikou

No, I do not. While I understand the need to cross the 4400 off the list as a potential cause, shouldn't it at the very least be able to handle the menu screens?

#6 2014-07-09 18:12:06

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

The shaders we use are pretty much used everywhere BUT we've changed our anti-aliasing method to a less hardware-demanding procedure. The alpha is not yet public but this *might* help you and other Laptop players out!

Board footer