You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our official Wings forum is still a little bit quiet. Let's change that!
Play our game, register here and get in touch with us developers and other Wings players and fans!

You can also follow us on Twitter @WingsOfNazaire, we'd appreciate it a lot!

#1 2013-07-16 17:12:10

Six-Gun Slim

Control Issue

I downloaded the alpha, and the moment the game starts my ship beings constantly rolling to the right (it's like flying a Sopwith Camel, but in spaaaaace!).  If I go full stick to the left or hold down the 'a' key I can fly straight without rolling, but needless to say this puts a damper on my ability to play the game, alpha or not.  This issue occurs both with and without my flight stick (Logitech Xtreme 3d Pro) being plugged in, and I am on Windows 7.

#2 2013-07-16 17:23:12

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Re: Control Issue

Hello Six-Gun and thanks for registering!

If you go to Options -> Controls and rebind the primary and secondary button for Roll Right to other, unused keyboard buttons each, does the issue persist?

#3 2013-07-16 20:46:00

Six-Gun Slim

Well, I seem to have identified the source of the problem: WoSN is getting a constant signal from my flight stick (Joystick Axis 4-) all the time, even though my Windows joystick calibration is fine and it works fine with other games.  I was having issues rebinding the keys because the moment I would click on a key, it would go to Joystick 4-, but unplugging the stick removes the issue entirely.  May be a bug with the recent addition of flight stick input?

#4 2013-07-16 21:09:55

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Hm, we're using Unity's Input Manager which is used in almost all Unity games out there - I will look into what options we have to add in axis calibration, should be an options menu feature anyways in a game like Wings and it sounds like that would help your case!

Thanks for the research, Six-Gun!

#5 2013-07-25 15:50:12

OSH

Hi! I have similar problem. In other games my joystick works perfectly, but in WOSN my ship is constantly rolling right after launch. And more - I can't bind any other axis than 1+! And even if I unplug my joystick, 1+ axis is still effective.
Second problem is resolution. I know, we have 21 century, and we have modern technologies, and big displays...no, not all! I have an old trust iiyama 17'' CRT and my maximal resolution isn't panoramic. Can you implement an option to change resolution to for example 1024x768?
And I 'm very happy, we have an new (but oldschool) space-sim! Keep up good work!

#6 2013-07-25 15:58:17

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Hello OSH, thanks for the report!

I need some additional information to understand the problem better!

@Input: So even when you unplug your joystick (and our options menu says 'No external controller found!'), you still constantly roll right after launch?

@Resolution: We have the option to enable 4:3 resolutions but I need to check and confirm how this affects the way our game (specifically the cockpit) looks. Until then, playing in window mode is a workaround.

I'm glad you're looking forward to our new yet old space-sim as much as we are! smile

#7 2013-07-25 20:12:05

OSH

Well, after new launch WOSN i can bind all axis correctly and control works perfectly. But...now I can't bind any button! If I choose for example "fire guns" - game bind to joystick axis 4-...and yes, even when my joystick ist unplugged and I see message "no external controller", after trying to bind button for fire guns i see "Joystick Axis 4-...my joystick is Thrustmaster16000M, and my operating system: Windows XP SP3.

Last edited by OSH (2013-07-25 20:12:40)

#8 2013-07-26 21:45:17

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Huh! Okay I will definitely look into that. For what it's worth, we've now enabled 4:3 resolutions for Wings, please give that a try and let us know if you can now play the game comfortably in fullscreen!

Board footer