You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our official Wings forum is still a little bit quiet. Let's change that!
Play our game, register here and get in touch with us developers and other Wings players and fans!

You can also follow us on Twitter @WingsOfNazaire, we'd appreciate it a lot!

#1 2014-07-08 04:01:16

5parrowhawk

Google Chrome on OSX: Cannot open Options or unlock cursor

Just tried the game for the first time, running on Chrome on OSX. Very impressive visuals.

I set the game to fullscreen initially. Was playing around with the keys trying to find a pause key, and unlocked the mouse cursor at least once. I'm not quite sure how I managed to re-lock the cursor, but subsequently the Esc key no longer worked to unlock it.

Further: Pressing F10 (or Fn-F10) during gameplay does not open the options menu on OSX, presumably because the OS overrides it.

Consequently, since the ship is apparently invulnerable at this stage of development, it is impossible to exit the game when the cursor-unlock bug occurs, except by killing the browser process.

Also, the framerate in fullscreen mode is bad enough to cause significant input lag, whereas in windowed mode it's perfectly smooth. Not sure if you can do anything about this; it might be a Unity issue.

Recommended actions:

- At startup, please run an OS detection check using Application.platform and automatically change the default mapping for the Options key. In-game displays should of course reflect the change in key assignment.
- Allow the "Open Options dialog" key to be remapped within Options. Same for Cursor Lock/Unlock.
- Seems like you're using a boolean to track the cursor lock status and forgot to reset it to TRUE when the player takes some alternative action that would cause the cursor to relock (wild guess). Please counter-check this.

#2 2014-07-09 18:12:59

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Re: Google Chrome on OSX: Cannot open Options or unlock cursor

Thanks for the report. None of us devs actually use a Mac so this is very useful for us.

Board footer