You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our official Wings forum is still a little bit quiet. Let's change that!
Play our game, register here and get in touch with us developers and other Wings players and fans!

You can also follow us on Twitter @WingsOfNazaire, we'd appreciate it a lot!

#1 2014-11-14 19:27:38

Jodet

Finally someone gets it!

I don't want to play an MMO.

I don't want to walk around on a space station.

I WANT TO PLAY A CLASSIC WING COMMANDER / X-WING STYLE GAME. 

Looks like this is it.   I'm looking forward to this more than either ED or SC.

PS:  An interesting aside - back in the WC3/WC4 era I got a phone call from someone at Origin (I think it was Howard Day) who had seen some of my bulletin board (this was a long time ago) posts and wanted to pick my brain on space games.   I remember him telling me they were brainstorming a 'comedy' WC game with maybe Don Rickles.   My biggest suggestion (as I recall) was for a  Wing Commander Armada II!!!!

#2 2014-11-14 21:34:10

Howard Day
Wings Artist

Re: Finally someone gets it!

Hi! Yeah, I never worked at Origin - that was before my time in the industry (2004 ->). I have been lucky enough to work with a few of the guys who did, and meet with even more. You can believe that I was almost obnoxious about picking their brains. smile The guy you are thinking of might be Mark Day? Maybe. Anyhow, I'm stoked you like the game! I'm afraid there will be some walking around spacestations, at least in the singleplayer - but it won't be first person, and it will be almmost exactly like the old lucas arts adventure games.
big_smile

#3 2014-11-17 01:43:42

Armondikov

Re: Finally someone gets it!

I was wondering if that point-and-click stuff was staying in. Splicing the two classic genres is obvious amazeballs, but that's like tripling your workload.

Board footer