You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our official Wings forum is still a little bit quiet. Let's change that!
Play our game, register here and get in touch with us developers and other Wings players and fans!

You can also follow us on Twitter @WingsOfNazaire, we'd appreciate it a lot!

#1 2014-07-08 08:26:18

Brakiri

Kickstarter

Hi Folks,

i just saw the Gamestar preview and heard you are thinking about starting a Kickstarter campaign.

I'm here to say: PLEASE do it!

As they said in the video, warm and fussy feelings of nostalgia came up as i watched the video.
I loved the old space sims like Wing Commander (my good old Raptor..tank in space..i was shot up pretty bad constantly, limping home with one gun left, quarter speed and foil thin armour, but she always got me back home wink ), Privateer or Freespace.
It's time for a revival of the genre, and while Star Citizien looks promisings it doesn't have the special charm of your game.

A lot of Kickstarter projects startet with nothing, you have a fully functional tech demo and a plan what to do.
I'm convinced you will get a lot of backers and bucketloads of cash to realize this game.

I will kick in some bucks to, that's a promise!

Keep up the outstanding work!

Kind regards

Brakiri

#2 2014-08-04 23:25:56

Howard Day
Wings Artist

Re: Kickstarter

Hi, Brakiri! So, we're holding off on the Kickstarter for now - we've all got jobs, and at least one of us would have to quit a well-paying gig to do this right. If that ever changes, we'll definitely look to start a crowd funding campaign. In the meantime, enjoy the game for free!

#3 2014-11-18 10:31:27

WaylanderPK

Well' if the kickstarter went well you might be able to add to the team, so it might not require everyone to quit their day jobs smile

#4 2014-11-18 10:36:49

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Haha no, you misunderstood. It's not because of time-issues that people would need to quit their current job, more that some jobs prohibit you to have actual side-jobs where you make money with them.

Board footer