You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our official Wings forum is still a little bit quiet. Let's change that!
Play our game, register here and get in touch with us developers and other Wings players and fans!

You can also follow us on Twitter @WingsOfNazaire, we'd appreciate it a lot!

#1 2015-04-13 16:49:30

Brendanh

So, is this still a thing?

Everything has gone deadly quiet. I've been looking forward to this thing for over a year so I am very disappointed to see that there has been no communication for almost half a year.

I know that as a hobby project it can be hard to find motivation at a certain point. I am a developer myself and I have a huge pile of unfinished projects myself.

I just want to say that there are a lot of people out there who were looking forward to this and I am one of them. You guys have done some amazing work and it would suck if we couldn't get to enjoy this. It would make me very grumpy indeed because you folks seem to get it. I want a good story based shooter.

smile

#2 2015-04-13 16:52:14

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Re: So, is this still a thing?

Don't worry, we've just all been busy. There have been some small lifesigns on Twitter (@WingsOfNazaire) but it was quieter than usual! But we're definitely not abandoning ship haha. I recently made some additions to our AI formation system for example so that enemies can now fly in formations better! We just have a lot of stuff still to update (we also just moved to Unity 5 which broke a bunch of shader code) before we can post up an update!

#3 2015-04-22 13:49:45

Brendanh

Great to hear it!

#4 2015-06-16 03:00:50

Gigaknight

I'm happy to hear it as well.

I've been a fan of Star Wars since the early 90s; X-Wing was one of my favorite games, and is now one of my most fondly remembered ones. I still have X-Wing Alliance (taking a *long* break from it; Deep Space Strike Evaluation is one of the reasons why lol). My joystick is packed away for certain reasons, though.

I've been following this game's development since I found out about this game last year; having heard that WoSN is meant to evoke the style of one of my favorite games, there's no way I could ignore it. lol

Ever since, I haven't seen a single thing I dislike about this game. (Of those you've shown so far, my favorite ship design is that of the AS-42 Diamondback. The F-207 Boomslang makes me think of an A-wing, too.) As long as you guys are doing your thing, I'll be watching.

#5 2015-06-16 08:12:37

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Thanks and welcome, Gigaknight! smile

#6 2015-08-01 17:08:18

Tempest

Yeah, I've been following this for a long time now and wondering whats going on?
By the time it finally comes it may be a little too late...Trying to stay away from Star Citizen for this!

#7 2015-08-02 10:28:09

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

We're still alive and kicking! Just incredibly busy on other things. I'm finishing up my Bachelor thesis this month for example. Still working on AI improvements (in the form of a Unity editor plugin) in my spare time.

Board footer