You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our official Wings forum is still a little bit quiet. Let's change that!
Play our game, register here and get in touch with us developers and other Wings players and fans!

You can also follow us on Twitter @WingsOfNazaire, we'd appreciate it a lot!

#1 2015-05-20 04:34:56

RaptorTaco

360 Controller Mac Mapping issues.

Running on a late 2013 Mac Book Pro, using a wired Xbox 360 controller (running tattiebogle driver).

The game recognizes the controller, but won't allow me to properly map any buttons. I can usually get one button mapped, but then attempting any more sets the button as either "Joy1 axis 5+"or - as soon as i click on the input box.
The default controls it sets when it recognizes the controller allows very limited control. Pitch and roll work fine on left stick, but the only other inputs on the controller that have any effect are right stick left and right, which control brake and throttle, respectively. No other buttons on the controller do anything.

Game runs fine mouse and keyboard, but as a born and raised console gamer, I'm at home on a gamepad.

Last edited by RaptorTaco (2015-05-20 04:35:17)

#2 2015-05-20 08:18:51

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Re: 360 Controller Mac Mapping issues.

Hi Raptor and thanks for the report! This is unfortunately very hard for us to debug since none of us own a Mac but I will double check the 'dead zone' of the controller axises when assigning keys.

Weird that the default layout doesn't work though, that would indicate a platform-specific bug/issue in Unity or your driver.

#3 2015-08-08 06:12:18

assteepee

Hi, I registered to say that I also have the same issue, and I am playing on Windows 7 with a Dualshock 4 controller. The controller works perfectly fine otherwise with the default configuration, but I am unable to rebind anything. Actually clicking on any of mapping options doesn't allow me to rebind them regardless of keyboard or controller. I can see the press a new key prompt show up for a millisecond, then the key I wanted to remap will be changed to Joystick 2 Axis 4-, and clicking it again will do nothing. Clicking another key to remap will change that key to Joystick 2 Axis 4- and the previous key to None.

#4 2015-08-08 07:52:08

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

assteepee, thanks for taking the time to register to report the bug!

This indicates that the game thinks you have at least two controllers plugged in. Is that the case?

Board footer