You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our official Wings forum is still a little bit quiet. Let's change that!
Play our game, register here and get in touch with us developers and other Wings players and fans!

You can also follow us on Twitter @WingsOfNazaire, we'd appreciate it a lot!

#26 2014-07-07 21:31:44

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Re: Introduce yourself

Thank you very much, Julopabene! I actually know some people in Darmstadt (a friend of mine just got his Masters degree in physics at the Uni there)! We love the advantages that sprites give us over 3d models - one of them being, as you said, the fact that we can have HUGE battles going on if we want to!

#27 2014-07-08 16:08:28

Darthchair

Hi. I'm Brian.  I'm no one in particular.  But I love the old space sim games and I miss them terribly.  Rather bitter about ol' Bluehair most likely biting the dust in Wing Commander Prophecy.  Saw this game on PC Gamer and I heard the angels sing with light shining down upon my television.   Haven't played the browser demo yet due to the fact that I'm about to have some breakfast in the afternoon and probably buy a new blu-ray player since mine crapped the bed.  Then I'll probably play the final episode of Telltale Games' Wolf Among Us. 

And then?

I'm going to blow up some space ships with pretty light effects. ^^

Look forward to your game and potentially funding on Kickstarter or whatnot should you guys create the inevitable.  Hope Germany is nice.  Pennsylvania is pretty gloomy right now (as usual) and well...I rather like that.  I think we have 65% of all the zombie stories thanks to George Romero so...yeah...doomed. smile

#28 2014-07-19 14:02:36

DoomFox

Hi all, I'm the latest random to stumble upon this interesting little gem via Scott Manley's channel.
I'm DoomFox, just some random bloke from Australia with an interest in space sims such as this.
I am intrigued by the art style and I must say its amazing how well it works, its almost scary.

I am tempted to see how old the computer hardware needs to be before it cannot run this ( I have computers ranging from Pentium 1 to 4 with varying video cards for them) so I might see if I can get it going on some of them (I'm thinking Pentium 2 or 3 as they can run XP I think).

Can't wait to see where this goes as this genre of game has been dead in the water for a while (or did I just never look in the right places?)
Either way keep up the good work here guys and greetings from Australia big_smile

#29 2014-07-19 14:05:14

Jan Simon
Wings Programmer

Hello DoomFox and welcome (also hi Darthchair/Brian)!

While the 2D sprite technology is very easy on the hardware, we and the engine we're using (Unity) does require pixel shaders - so you probably won't much success with very old PCs I'm afraid. sad

#30 2014-07-19 14:45:26

DoomFox

Well its worth a shot then. Just for lulz

#31 2014-07-28 07:29:44

Rin

Hello all, I'm Rin. Just a pilot from a backwater world looking for a ship to fly and a cause to fly for.

#32 2014-11-14 19:31:06

Jodet

I'm Mike, formerly from Seattle, but now retired in Northern Idaho. 

Bought my first PC to play X-Wing and became a huge space-sim fan.   

I still have a full CH HOTAS which I use now and then on WW1 & 2 sims. 

Really liking the look of this game!!!

PS:  Howard - try Dr. Pepper Cherry (non-diet).

#33 2014-11-14 21:31:33

Howard Day
Wings Artist

Hi, Rin and Jodet! Nice to have you onboard. 
Jodet: I would, but I'm diabetic. sad I tr and stay away from regular soda, since it's my 14 can a day Mountain Dew habit that sorta got me in this trouble to begin with. tongue

#34 2015-03-19 01:55:58

NocTurN

Call me NocTurN and I just found out about this game today! Small-time Youtube content creator and fan of interesting indie games. Have not touched any of the games this project is based on, but I am loving the work.

Last edited by NocTurN (2015-03-23 06:29:35)

#35 2016-04-23 22:57:25

a-stro-punk

helo i am augusto, from argentina,  find this game in the net, i cant remember the page...
looks awesome, y was looking for a game like this! a space war game! y hope to continue working on the this proyect! y think It is promising so I could play in the demo

greetings and congratulations for those who come by!!
pd:sorry for my English is a little rusty..hahah

#36 2018-03-09 10:44:55

martingail

Hello there! I am newbie here and i am from UK.

Board footer